random gen platforer random gen platforer

This isn't your own original work, it's an asset flip. The original asset pack can be found on the GameMaker Marketplace: https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/1207/platform-procedural-gen

Please don't steal other people's work. It's ok to use the asset pack, it's not ok to not add anything and upload it as your own.

Dead Detention #1 Dead Detention #1

It's a pretty ok game. I liked the story, but the gameplay elements were a little lacking. Maybe you could add a sort of running scene where u control Max and fight off zombies and stuff? Overall, it's pretty cool, and i loved the little DayZ joke u threw in there!

JackAstral responds:

Thanks! I'll definitely try making some more mini-gamey interactive parts in episode 2!

Dark II Dark II

Better than the first, but it still needs a bit of improvement.

I LOVED the story, that ending plot twist was crazy.
For the most part, the level design was pretty great. Chapter 3's platforming was a little disorienting but ok.
And the graphics were pretty nice. I really like the enemies walk cycles for some reason.

While this is much better than the first Dark, it has some flaws.
The platforming was a little weird at points. I would die randomly or get lost.
I still don't understand why the main character killed his son. Did he do it just to frame his wife? Or to emotionally harm his wife in a completely awful way?
And the black fade was kinda annoying. It slowed down the game.
And the main character's graphics were just... boring...

Overall, it's a great little game. While my review seems like it has more negative than positive, it's only because I really mean my positive points. Good work 08!

JackAstral responds:

Thanks dude! Great points- I think my hit tests are a little off, ahaha. I'll definitely tidy it up a bit more in the next patch.

Yup, the main character killed his son to get back at his wife for cheating on him. Moreeeee will be revealedddddddddd in the next game :b

Reaper Jr. Reaper Jr.

It was a pretty good platformer. Although it got a little stale. It feels like I'm doing the same thing over and over. More enemies or power ups/more weapons would make the game a little more chunky in content. Also, I noticed a few bugs. If you shoot a bullet that doesn't hit an enemy, you can't shoot another one until it goes offscreen. I can tell you from experience that the way you handle bullets in your games (Radar adventure does this too I'm afraid) is very limiting. Instead of having one bullet entity and moving it to the player whenever it hits an object or goes off screen, create a bullet class and spawn an entity of that class whenever space is pressed and delete it once it hits an enemy or goes off screen. With your system, you only can have one bullet on the screen, which can slow down combat or create unfair advantages. Also, if you shoot a bullet, turn around and press space again, the bullet changes direction. It's a decent platformer, but you still have a long way to go.

JackAstral responds:

Good points! I'll fix the bullet changing directions bug now- thanks for the detailed review :)

Vita;Mee Vita;Mee

It's a pretty good little virtual world game. I enjoyed playing around with it for a little while, but I did find the world to become a little boring after a bit. I just feel like it needs some more content (Like jobs, jobs would be kewl!), maybe a few variations in music, and maybe a little more detail graphic wise. I also activated the unlimited money glitch by buying a orange wallpaper which didn't have a value set for it. Overall, it's a fun little toy, but not as content packed as it could be.

JackAstral responds:

Thanks dude! For some reason my arrays used for the cost / names of the items just don't work, ahaha. I must have a line of code somewhere causing everything to break Dx

I just uploaded a patch then that pre-sets the cost / name stuff, so it's all working now. Grrrrr

Thanks for playing and leaving a review!

coffin_trail.swf coffin_trail.swf

It's pretty creepy, that's for sure. However, at times, it felt a little dragged out once you know you are not being chased. It feels more like a object search than a slender-inspired horror game. With that aside, I thought it was a good game, but I do have some nitpicks; Shift is a MUCH more comfortable sprinting key, it's hard to run right because of where your run key is. Also, it feels pretty silly when you are stopped at an invisible wall on the top of a tree. Since I can presume the game camera is at a 45 degree angle looking towards the player, the player should be able to stand behind a tree on camera, and not be blocked by an invisible wall. Lastly, you should be able to find more batteries or regain power from finding a cursed object, like said below. Overall it's a pretty good game. Good work!

JackAstral responds:

Thanks dude! Great points- I just uploaded a patch now that fixes the layering/hittests, changes the running control to shift and adds in bonus battery power earned from picking up cursed objects.

Mine Quest: Chapter 2 Mine Quest: Chapter 2

It's a pretty good game, people need to stop complaining about the lag. It could be approved upon however. I found health to be pretty useless, especially since there are no enemies. Also, instead of selecting a biome to generate the world around, you should generate them all in one giant world. Overall, it's not a bad game, but it can be improved upon!
~YukonW

JackAstral responds:

Thanks man. Totally agree :)

Box Dude TD 5 Box Dude TD 5

Hey dude, this is a pretty sick game bro. I happened to encounter a glitch tho, if you have 3 poison ivy turrets, it only allows you to click two of them. Anyways, great job, and I love the music!
Cheers!
~Yukon

Cycle Cycle

A pretty nice game. I do feel like the house mortgage is WAY to high, I barely made a dent in it, and I've been playing for like a half a hour! There is also a glitch that won't let you catch certain fish after talking to the fisherman, I.E. After I talk to the fisherman, and catch a barbed steel, it doesn't add it to my inventory.

JackAstral responds:

Wow can't believe I missed that- thanks for letting me know, I'll fix it now. Thanks for playing and the review!

Magnetized Magnetized

Awesome! Really thought out and original game! Very hard though...

rocky10529 responds: