Game Reel 2016 Game Reel 2016

Cheers to another year of awesome games! Happy new year!

Thanks dude, you too :)

Splash Attack Splash Attack

CAN'T STOP WATCHING... HELP...

Another Pokemon Parody Another Pokemon Parody

On no! YOU'LL PAY!!! AHHHHH!!!
Really good! Nice job!

Dead Detention #1 Dead Detention #1

It's a pretty ok game. I liked the story, but the gameplay elements were a little lacking. Maybe you could add a sort of running scene where u control Max and fight off zombies and stuff? Overall, it's pretty cool, and i loved the little DayZ joke u threw in there!

JackAstral responds:

Thanks! I'll definitely try making some more mini-gamey interactive parts in episode 2!

Dark II Dark II

Better than the first, but it still needs a bit of improvement.

I LOVED the story, that ending plot twist was crazy.
For the most part, the level design was pretty great. Chapter 3's platforming was a little disorienting but ok.
And the graphics were pretty nice. I really like the enemies walk cycles for some reason.

While this is much better than the first Dark, it has some flaws.
The platforming was a little weird at points. I would die randomly or get lost.
I still don't understand why the main character killed his son. Did he do it just to frame his wife? Or to emotionally harm his wife in a completely awful way?
And the black fade was kinda annoying. It slowed down the game.
And the main character's graphics were just... boring...

Overall, it's a great little game. While my review seems like it has more negative than positive, it's only because I really mean my positive points. Good work 08!

JackAstral responds:

Thanks dude! Great points- I think my hit tests are a little off, ahaha. I'll definitely tidy it up a bit more in the next patch.

Yup, the main character killed his son to get back at his wife for cheating on him. Moreeeee will be revealedddddddddd in the next game :b

Reaper Jr. Reaper Jr.

It was a pretty good platformer. Although it got a little stale. It feels like I'm doing the same thing over and over. More enemies or power ups/more weapons would make the game a little more chunky in content. Also, I noticed a few bugs. If you shoot a bullet that doesn't hit an enemy, you can't shoot another one until it goes offscreen. I can tell you from experience that the way you handle bullets in your games (Radar adventure does this too I'm afraid) is very limiting. Instead of having one bullet entity and moving it to the player whenever it hits an object or goes off screen, create a bullet class and spawn an entity of that class whenever space is pressed and delete it once it hits an enemy or goes off screen. With your system, you only can have one bullet on the screen, which can slow down combat or create unfair advantages. Also, if you shoot a bullet, turn around and press space again, the bullet changes direction. It's a decent platformer, but you still have a long way to go.

JackAstral responds:

Good points! I'll fix the bullet changing directions bug now- thanks for the detailed review :)

Lament [TRANCE] Lament [TRANCE]

Great, Just A Question!

This Is Great And I Want To Use it for An Upcoming Game Of Mine! Is It Ok With U?

FrostedSound responds: